Thursday, March 30, 2006

Ticker Annoyance

In Doyle's Room, I find the ticker at the bottom of the window to be very annoying. First of all, I don't like the "motion". Secondly, I can't actually read anything there if I wanted to.

The ticker looks like it was some "nifty" gadget some young programmer saw and said, hey let's put this in here. If there was some way to remove it, I would. An option choice, like with show avatars, don't show avatars would be nice. I'd simply turn it off. It serves no purpose other than to annoy me. This leaves me wondering what wisdom declared that some people do not want the avatars, but all people want the ticker. I can't imagine the avatars being offensive at all, and they certainly are far less offensive than the ticker.

The ticker just said "of the games we offer". That is all that was there. The rest had scrolled off the screen. As far as I can tell, there is no way to recover the message. It is gone. There was once a message about "trivia games" but I never saw the message, only a portion of it. As much as I'd like a feature to get rid of the ticker, what I would like even more is a feature to be able to read the ticker.

No comments: