Saturday, April 08, 2006

Hot Keys Not Working

When I play at Doyle's Room, my hotkeys sometimes do not work.

I'm not sure about this. I have two computers and I note that sometimes the function keys work and sometimes they do not work for betting, folding, calling, etc. I seem to think I only have this problem on my desktop machine. Because it is intermittent, I need to track the problem down. My perception is that on single table tournaments (STT) the function keys work, but on multi table tournaments (MTT) the function keys do not work.

Update: I'm playing a $0.10 NL 9 Seat - Holdem NL STT and my hotkeys are not working, though they are working in other applications at this moment. So it appears to be an intermittent problem that is not reproducible.

Cause of Problem:
I've finally figured out what causes this. It is those annoying popup screens that Doyle's Room continually generates. Specifically, this screen causes it.

A display setting of 1024 x 768 or higher resolution recommended for best user experience.</

This will be buried several windows below the table I am playing at and while it does not appear to have focus, it will capture all keystrokes. I suspect the other popup windows cause this as well, but I have only confirmed this one.

No comments: