Monday, April 03, 2006

Sit Out Next Hand Annoyance

In Doyle's Room ring games, when you run out of chips the client software marks a checkbox labeled "Sit Out Next Time". Presumably both the software and the player know that if you have no chips then you cannot play. It is annoying to me in that even once I go to the cashier for more chips, the sit out next time checkbox is still checked. So what normally happens is that I miss the first game because I have no chips, then I miss the second game because the system has checked the box for me and I have not remembered to uncheck it.

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for not letting you play in the first place, The system does not allow you to ask for more chips after you lose everything, but before the next game starts. A trick around this is to, just before you go all in, hit the more chips button and get what you can. Of course, this only works if you are betting less that the maximum amount the cashier will give you. For me on 5/10 hold'em ring games that is 750 chips.

Since I tend to win and very seldom lose all my chips, this only happens to me once every few days. But when it does, it is very annoying. And to note: in tournaments, the "Sit Out Next Hand" is called "Away from Table". Same functionality within the game, but a differrent name depending on which game you are playing.

No comments: